Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 17

Port Macquarie to Sydney 442 kms (275 miles)

Four Points Darling Harbor

Got up around 5am this morning, I wanted to catch at least one sunrise while having the Pacific on my east coast!! It was definitely worth rising for, I've got a full video of it, which covers about 2 minutes, but my internet connection won't support uploading that big of a file currently, I'll update when I get back to Atlanta. Meanwhile, here are some pictures from last night and this morning

So we got back to drop off the bikes today around 1PM, really easy drive without GPS until about 30km outside of Sydney, once there the GPS would have been real handy, took us over an hour to travel that 30km and find the place. All in all, not bad and overall a fantastic bike trip, Selena at Bikescape and Mark at BikeRoundOz were outstanding to deal with and very gracious.

I'm meeting a new friend tonight for dinner and will be heading to Hong Kong in the morning. Looking forward to the flight as I'm on a Qantas A380, I am quite an aviation buff and have wanted to fly on one of these planes since I first saw the design sketches. I was fortunate enough to have frequent flyer miles that allow me to sit in first class, I'm not sure I'm refined enough to be there, but I'll make due.

Not much else going on now, just finished up posting my blog link into the BU Vista system and look forward to getting started with that when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment