Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 19

Hotel Icon

Pictures

I spent Friday being a total tourist visiting "The Peak" , taking the public double decker bus up and riding the tram down. This would be a great road for motorcycles, were it not loaded with trucks, buses, people, cars, I can't believe how these guys get around each other. I was on the upper deck front seat taking pictures of how close the bus got to one truck in particular, I looked at them later on and it doesn't even come close to doing it justice. I also did some window shopping and let me tell you, Hong Kong has shopping in spades!! Every high end name brand has their own store rather than a case or two at a big box retailer. I am very fond of watches (time pieces for the true collector) and was able to try on some that I've only read about or heard of the brand name. FYI, I tried a Petak Philippe that listed for $1,369,163 HK ($176,300 US), but as I was told in Hong Kong, there is no sales tax and I can just wear it back to the US to avoid import taxes, they would mail the box, when you think about it that way, it's quite a bargin, should have bought two!! I did get a couple of custom shirts made and bought a few other things you can't get back home but otherwise, I left my card in my wallet. I also took a night time harbour tour by the famous Star Ferry, it was a warm, humid, overcast and sometimes rainy day and night but it was still something I just had to do while I was here, well worth it. Overall I had a great time and am very surprised but I'd like to come back here again!! So on the plane tomorrow, leaving at 10:30am for Tokyo, which arrives at 4:14PM, I then change planes and leave Tokyo at 6:20PM arriving in Houston at 3:45PM, the same day, I get there before I leave, at least I get my day back that I lost!! Finally, I've got to give props to Hotel Icon, I selected them only based on Google feedback and did it work out great, the entire staff went out of their way to help, accommodations were superior and the view superb, all exactly as described. OK, enough for now, I've got to finish packing up and it's off to bed, morning comes awfully early.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    Nice blog you have here. I'm really jealous of what you are doing now. It seems like you are having a great time. Well, enjoy the rest of your trip and post more pictures/videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul

    My recent travels aren't as exciting as yours. I just got back from a business trip to Las Vegas. Had dinner at a few nice restaurants and gambled a bit.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the marina shots of the sunset - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm fond of watches myself. Current daily is an Omega Speedmaster Day-Date, silver dial on steel bracelet. Love it, also being int he Space business...it has special meaning since Omega is the only watch that has been to the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and creative writing. Thanks for share with. Keep writing like this.

    thanks & regards

    The Villa Renaissance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very unique and creative writing. Keep writing and share with us. Thank you so much for share with us.

    Thanks & Regards,

    accommodation rosebud

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique and creative writing. Keep writing and share with us. Thank you so much for share with us.

    Thanks & Regards,
    pest control ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have shared very good information which is commendable. You continued to publish articles like this. Keep writing continue.

    Thanks & Regards,
    After Builder Cleaning,

    ReplyDelete