Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2012

D-Day -1

Wanted to give you a quick update on my trip, but first I want to apologize for no post yesterday. I did shoot a short test video and apparently I didn't uploaded it correctly, pretty good for a tech guy, I will work that out tonight, time permitting.

So I wanted to let you know the itinerary and some of the thing planned. I'll be leaving tomorrow at 4AM to catch a flight to LaGuardia and change airports to JFK, once there I have a 4 hour layover until I board Japan Airlines and fly non-stop to Tokyo, again another 4 hour layover and then on to Sydney. I'll arrive in Sydney on Thursday morning at 6AM, funny thing is I loose Wednesday somewhere along the way. I'll be in Sydney for 4 days, getting over jet lag, seeing the Opera House, taking a tour over the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Hyde Park, The Rocks and anything else I can fit in, I'll be bringing some comfortable shoes for sure!! I won't go into detail of all the things to see on the motorcycle ride but here is the daily schedule, hopefully it looks interesting enough for you to come back each day and see what's new.

 
Sydney to Brisbane and Return
 
Total Distance – 2,552 kms ( 1,585 miles)

Summary of tour… (April 29 - May 9)

• Windsor area to Cessnock (Hunter Valley) 263km (163 miles)
 
• Cessnock to Armidale 360km (224 miles)
 
• Armidale to Bellingen 153 kms (95 miles)
• Bellingen to Lismore 275kms(171 miles)
 
• Lismore to Brisbane 205km (127 miles)
 
• Brisbane to Byron Bay 165kms(102 miles)
• Byron Bay/Ballina - rest day local area (Surfing!!)
• Byron Bay to Port Macquarie 410 kms (254 miles)
• Port Macquarie to Sydney 442 kms (275 miles)
• Sydney to Windsor via Blue Mountains 279km (173 miles)
Highlights include: Sydney, Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley, New England, Waterfall Way, Northern NSW, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Byron Bay & NSW northern coast.


1 comment:

  1. Pual,
    I love the blog! The background is a little dark but that's more of a taste thing. What are you riding? My most recent bike was a Duc...had to sell it :(. I've been to Brisbane, GREAT city. Go Here for the best view of the city, and a nice bike ride; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Coot-tha,_Queensland
    The city botanic gardens are great to walk through and I suggest a trip out to the Royal Aus Zoo.

    This place was AWESOME for breakfast...cured the hangover from the wine fest the night before! :)https://foursquare.com/v/poppys-basket-bakery--deli/4b6f9a2ef964a52084f72ce3
    There are dozens of great places to eat on the south bank for all meal of the day!
    Allegra

    ReplyDelete