Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 2 or 3??

Here I am in Tokyo and it's 4:30PM on 4/25, same day but 13 hours later, not real sure how this will translate for Sydney, I think 1 more hour change as it should only be a flight south (more or less) crossing the equator but not the IDL. BTW, the entire flight while covering 28 hours on the clock took about 13 hours, daylight the entire way. Also, JAL has installed a POV camera on the aircraft and I was able to see some cool icebergs as we passed over the Bering Strait, I was looking for the Wizard too but alas, today or yesterday wasn't that day.

Obviously, this is home of JAL and the Sakura lounge is quite swanky, funny thing though, here they separate the lowly business class (me) from the first class, I have to go downstairs with the upper lower class while the upper upper class stays upstairs. Both floors look out on to the same parked aircraft so I want to know what more do they get? I would like a massage, I wonder if they offer those upstairs?

During the flight over, I watched one movie, 'The Descendants' with George Clooney. This wasn't a movie that held enough interest for me to see at home but all in all, not bad. As for the executive seating, (JAL SHELL FLAT NEO) it sells itself as a flat bed but it is not quite flat, rather a slight downward incline. Sleeping for 8 hours, or at least trying you end up sliding down and being rather uncomfortable. The first half of the flight the aircraft was like a sauna too, after talking to the FA, I got her to understand it being hot and she adjusted the temperature, I was then able to sleep somewhat soundly with only the assistance of 1/2 Ambien.

Only 4 hours to kill here, not quite enough time to really do anything. Although with all these high end stores (duty free of course, which I think has to be some sort of scam), Phipps Plaza seems to have nothing on Narita, maybe I'll walk around and spend money I don't have or at least see if there is something I can't live without, or just people watch. Although in the lounge they have great Japanese beer and food that is complementary, so many choices with no real need to do anything.

Well next stop is Sydney, until then...



No comments:

Post a Comment