Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 7


Today was a pretty low key day, just hung out by the Harbour in the morning and went to the hotel gym this afternoon to get my sweat-on or at least try to recover from last night’s festivities.  We also went over to the show one last time before picking up the bikes, most everyone was leaving, but there was this one unique “ribbon” show, check out these pics
 
So I was a little nervous driving on the left since I couldn’t even remember to stay left on the sidewalk, constantly interrupting the flow of people and receiving perplexing looks like I’m in the wrong, only after 2 days did I realize I was!! On the ride over to the shop my nervousness turned in to full blown stress, those who know me well know I don’t stress too often, so this was serious. We get to the shop and are talking to the owners who explain the local’s position on driving on the wrong side (they’re not too keen on it) as well as the problem with bailing out, our right side American bailout is the left side bailout for Australians, surely we are going to end up testing the Australian health care system!! Anyway, we finish up the paperwork, sign our liability or is that life away and after setting up the GPS for the hotel, off we go. Well I’ve got to be honest and tell you it was a non-event, now it helps that there is traffic to follow and cars parked on the side of the road pointed in the right direction, but overall, I was stressed for nothing.  I suppose though that thinking it’s nothing and not be focused can cause problems.

Back at the hotel, we hook up with Robert and Tom to grab a last night dinner (for them) at The Meat & Wine Co. down on Darling Harbour, again another fantastic meal, wine, beer and Maker’s Mark flowing freely while we attempt to solve all the world’s problems. I think we made a valiant effort, most remained unsolved, there is still a dependence on despot for energy and food for that matter, over population, etc, but what we did solve, while remaining unspoken for now, will have a tremendous effect on mankind.  Look Out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment